Gainesville Moms

A place for moms to connect

I'm seeking a pediatrician for my toddler and hoping the group can offer recommendations for specific doctors, groups or institutions. I'm also seeking a pediatric dentist in Gainesville.

Thanks for any feedback!

Views: 827

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a pediatric dentist I would highly recommend Kids Only Dental - Dr. Mixon and Dr. Dragstedt and their staff are wonderful.  Their office is in Haile -5209 SW 91st Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608.  Phone: 352-335-7777

I take my son to Benton Pediatrics and have really liked it so far. I have only been going there for 6 months, but found everyone very nice and extremely helpful as issues arise. They are prompt to return phone calls and even encourage emails for simple/smaller questions.

Ditto on Kid's Only Dental and Benton Pediatrics.

We went to Benton Pediatrics for more than two years before we got so tired of their unprofessionalism and left. When we would call about our sick daughter, they asked on more than one occasion, "well, do you really need to come in?" I'm not a med professional, so how should I know? In two plus years, we called them maybe six times, so it's not as if we were the people who were calling all the time about every little hang nail. It really started to seem like we were bothering them, so we went elsewhere. Even when we left, I had to contact them four times before they transferred medical records.

We now go to Worthington Pediatrics, which is actually in the same plaza and love it! They have a number of practitioners there to choose from and we've liked all we've seen so far. http://worthingtonpeds.com/Welcome.html

Thanks, Kimberly!
 
Kimberly said:

For a pediatric dentist I would highly recommend Kids Only Dental - Dr. Mixon and Dr. Dragstedt and their staff are wonderful.  Their office is in Haile -5209 SW 91st Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608.  Phone: 352-335-7777

Thanks, Simone!
 
Simone Bergey said:

I take my son to Benton Pediatrics and have really liked it so far. I have only been going there for 6 months, but found everyone very nice and extremely helpful as issues arise. They are prompt to return phone calls and even encourage emails for simple/smaller questions.

Thank you, Audrey.
 
Audrey Eickwort said:

Ditto on Kid's Only Dental and Benton Pediatrics.

Wow, thanks for the feedback, Anna.
 
Anna B. said:

We went to Benton Pediatrics for more than two years before we got so tired of their unprofessionalism and left. When we would call about our sick daughter, they asked on more than one occasion, "well, do you really need to come in?" I'm not a med professional, so how should I know? In two plus years, we called them maybe six times, so it's not as if we were the people who were calling all the time about every little hang nail. It really started to seem like we were bothering them, so we went elsewhere. Even when we left, I had to contact them four times before they transferred medical records.

We now go to Worthington Pediatrics, which is actually in the same plaza and love it! They have a number of practitioners there to choose from and we've liked all we've seen so far. http://worthingtonpeds.com/Welcome.html

We love Dr. Wyatt with Gainesville Pediatric Associates.  His nurses are always friendly and helpful.  We never have to wait for more than 10 minutes for our appoinment.  He's been our ped for about 2-1/2 years and we have been very happy.

We switched peds when my son was about 6 months old.  He had a bump on his outer eyelid that our previous ped insisted was nothing to worry about.  Switched to Dr. Wyatt and he recognized right away that it was a cyst and referred my son to a pediatric opthalmologist for surgery. 

  • Try Kids doc Pediatrics! Dr Luis Scaccabarrozzi & his staff are amazing! Great location within North Florida Regional Health Cares womens center 1st floor!! 

Both of my kids see Dr. Ana at Healthy Steps Pediatrics. I LOVE them. It is a small practice so they all know my babies. I never have problems getting appointments when I need them. I have never waiting any longer than MAYBE 10 minutes when I go there. They have excellent service for when you need to call them with questions. They have a very educated person for lactation help. The location is also great right on Tower Road. Their phone number is 333-0085. Now as far as dental I have not had to take my kids to the dentist yet but the dentist I see will see kids and that is where I will take them. It is Dr. Cody and Dr. Shane at Park Avenue Dental. They are such sweet people and their staff is so sweet and professional.

What comes after Ditto? Tritto? My kids go to both as well and I echo all the positive comments above.

Audrey Eickwort said:

Ditto on Kid's Only Dental and Benton Pediatrics.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About Gainesvillemoms.com

GainesvilleMoms.com moderator Stacy Fournier is a Gator grad and freelance journalist. But she does her most important work at home as a wife and mommy to daughters Aubrey, born March 2006, and Riley, born June 2010. Read more about GainesvilleMoms.com or contact Stacy at gainesvillemoms@gainesville.com.

Mom Mail, Deals, and Mom T-Shirts

  • Moms get your GainesvilleMoms T-shirts for only $10! Support education in our community and your favorite website. The proceeds from t-shirt sales benefit Newspaper in Education (NIE). NIE provides newspapers in classrooms so that students learn about their community with a textbook that is updated daily. To purchase a t-shirt email moderator Stacy Fournier at gainesvillemoms@gainesville.com.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Gainesville Moms Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service